The letter V is most decidedly for Valentine’s Day. A day for lovers and a day we can set aside to value ourselves, regardless of our relationship status. Let’s love our own sexuality, and look at ways to deepen our expression of our sexuality and expand our pleasure.
I’m a big advocate of sex toys and an affiliate for Babeland, Sex Toys for a Passionate World. The company is owned by a woman and is highly regarded as one that balances safety concerns, education and pure fun. I’ve bought several products myself and can highly recommend them. And having said that, I’m going to offer some fun suggestions for a sexy Valentine’s Day.
Why sex toys? Why not? Maybe you’re quite happy with the sexual aspect of your relationship and there’s absolutely nothing you want to change or add. If that’s the case, congratulations. But what about adding a sensuous atmosphere with scented candles and lotions for you. A little romantic mood setting.
I can’t really imagine that anyone would say there is no room for improvement or that you wouldn’t mind a little fun? Maybe you’re not sure what that might look like. Whether your relationship is fairly new, or you’re in a long-term partnership adding variety to your sex life is like changing the dinner menu. You excite and arouse by varying things, and exploring new avenues of passion.
Gentle Additions to Lovemaking
- Blossoms Organics Valentine Set: Warming sensation lubricants and massage oils-these heat up with friction to provide a gentle tingle. The products are organic and safe for genital use.
- Sexy Lingerie: Go out and buy something new, this is a pretty low-keyed, relatively inexpensive way to feel sexier and start the evening off right. Why not surprise your partner with a peek at your lingerie. Pick a blouse that shows the slightest edge of a new bra, something lacy and low cut. Lean over during dinner and describe what you’re wearing underneath…or tell your partner you’re not wearing anything. Men tend to be more visual than women, but they respond to suggestive talk as well. You’ll find the sexy talk will be exciting for you as well as him.
- Surprise him or her with a massage candle. These candles melt at a lower temperature and are not quite as hot as a regular candle, making them perfect for drizzling warm wax on your partner… Just a little fun. Here’s one from Babeland.
- Erotic literature-the power of words can be so sexy. Try reading to your partner as a prelude to sexual play.
If you’re a couple with an adventurous spirit you may already use sex toys. But, as I’ve said before you can’t have too many. They’re like shoes, you need a different pair for each occasion. You can buy toys for women or ones designed specifically for men. There’s a section for toys for the both of you. Even a woman’s vibrator can be used on a man. He’ ll love the vibrating sensation on certain parts of his body, make sure to ask what feels good and whether the pressure is right.
I’ve heard men say they feel threatened by the idea of a woman bringing a vibrator or other sex toy to their lovemaking. It’s not about inadequacy, it’s about enhancing. Adding sex toys brings heightened sensations and a feel of excitement that will take wonderful lovemaking right over the top. Who wouldn’t want that?
Sex Toys For Added Delight
- Icicles Swirl Dildo-” slightly curved tip puts G-spot stimulation well within your reach, while a swirl of gorgeous blue glass around the clear shaft creates added sensation…” It’s gorgeous looking, not very expensive and a delightful addition. This is perfect for use alone as well.
- The Bubbles Vibe is a cute bubbly looking pink vibrator with multiple speeds and vibration patterns. It’s waterproof so you can take it in the shower!
- Closet wear-not what you think. What about a silk scarf or tie to gently tie her arms to the bedpost. This must be done consensually with the full understanding of when and how to say “stop”. Or use that silk scarf as a blindfold , which allows you or him to focus on the sensations of what’s happening. It’s sensory deprivation and enhancement rolled into one. You can use feathers, ice cubes, massage oil or something with a nubby texture to stroke arms and legs or more intimate parts of the body. Nipples, the nape of the neck and inner thighs are erogenous zones; ask your partner what turns them on.
- There are so many types of sex toys available now days-I’ve only mentioned a few of the ‘lighter’ items. The range of sexual pleasure goes from the very vanilla to the most erotic you can imagine. If you’re ready to move into a more intense experience make sure you talk about it first, together. This should be a mutual desire to expand your lovemaking.
There are lots of toys and gift ideas on Babeland’s website for your perusal. They are offering Valentine’s Day specials right now and shipping discounts to be found on their Specials page.
Suppose you’re single? Is there really a better time to be a little self-indulgent than now? Why spend the evening worrying about being alone when you could find the perfect toy to rock your world, all by yourself! Go for it. You’re worth it.
The letter V also stands for value. As women we should be valuing ourselves, validating the wonderful women we are. And, that means accepting and valuing all parts of who we are. Our sexuality is important in whatever way we’ve chosen to express it. So go have fun, buy yourself something new and sexy.