21 Jan Male sexuality in the news
Here are a few recent news articles on male sexuality I thought you might find interesting. I am not endorsing anything you read here nor am I offering professional advice. Just a mix of entertainment and education.
- Queen Elizabeth II Knights ‘Father of Viagra’, Dr. Simon Campbell– Dr.Simon Campbell worked for Pfizer for 26 years, working to develop drugs to help with high blood pressure. By accident, they developed what came to be known as Viagra. “Campbell co-wrote the preliminary research proposal but even that didn’t include a mention of erectile dysfunction as one of the conditions the drug hoped to take care of. He didn’t sulk about it either, saying he was in New York when Viagra was launched, right on his birthday in March 1998.”
- Vitamin D Highlights: A Bedroom Boost– “In a study of 143 men, Alessandra Barassi, MD, of University of Milan in Italy, and her colleagues found that those with severe erectile dysfunction (ED) had significantly lower vitamin D levels than those with mild ED, and that deficiency was worse in those with arteriogenic ED than in non-arteriogenic ED.”
- Erectile Dysfunction More Common In Men with Poor Relationships With Their Mothers– “According to a study published in The Journal of Sexual Medicine, men with “mommy issues” are more likely to suffer with erectile dysfunction than men with healthy relationships with their mothers”.
- Sex Question Friday: How Many Men Have Paid for Sex? – “…the most recent results suggest that about 1 in 10 guys today have paid for sex before. However, it is important to note that the odds of purchasing sex seem to be decreasing in each successive generation because the number of people who reported having ever paid for sex is even lower among younger guys than it is among older guys.”
- FDA Bans Cialis From a Plant Where Lilly Says Drugs Aren’t Made– This speaks more to the issue of how dangerous supplements can be in an unregulated market.
- And in the “Yikes” department, U.S. veteran left with weeks-long erection after given sleep medication at VA Hospital:attorney – Apparently he had a very bad reaction to the sleeping pill/anti-depressant Trazodone.
Got any news stories you want to share?
Original image by mcconnors, Morguefile